Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kool Kitchens

 
 I think Kitchens have a lot of potential for making a home really stand out. When I had my real estate licence that would be the main thing that buyers would want updated and if the house had an updated kitchen, then the houses seemed to move faser. Kitchen upgrades seem to be more and more popular with new features being added all the time such as roll out shelves, appliance garages, softly closing drawers, and even under cabinet lighting.
 Kitchen are becoming more modern and colors are being used more and more often. Granite counter tops are amoung the most requested in new homes no matter what style. Custom appliances and cabinets are used to get more of an edge. Cabinet panel appliances are popular to disquise the appliances.

Lofts are a place where I have seen a lot of unique kitchens being used in. They tend to go with the loft feel an be a little more contemporary and modern. Like this kitchen to the left, it uses some features that are not seen in most traditional homes like pink cabinets and the ceiling beams as part of the decor.

1 comment:

  1. I am not familiar with appliance garages. I'll have to look that one up. I love the idea of having concealed appliances so they become part of the cabinetry. It allows for a cohesive design.

    ReplyDelete