Monday, November 1, 2010

Career in Hospitality::Nightclub design

This has to be my favorite blog topic yet..
My goal is to be a Night Club designer. Here are a few of the places that I have been//go to on a regular basis that inspire me.
First and foremost is VICE. Downtown fort worth, this is the club that I frequent most often..
Vice is in the basement of the tower and is kind of limited on space but they make this Ultra Lounge pretty exciting with their dark brown wood and orange accents and amazing lighting. Also owned by Vice is Cameo featured below and Mantus both located in Dallas..

Cameo.. kinda the same set up- they do the bottle service thing as well with the dance music. Amazing lighting as well. Also pretty impressive. I only have visited this club once and that was this past Saturday night and it was all decked out for their Halloween party so I may need to go see it under normal circumstances to get the full effect.
Mantus is the other third club owned by the Emil and Jose and it, too, is set up bottle service style and it featrues djs from the area to come "spin". They all kinda match each other but they are also seperate. Mantus is literally on the same block as Cameo so its pretty convient.

Thrive is another club that has recently opened. They are known for having celebrities come and visit and party the night away. They also offer bottle service.


Plush is probably my favorite decorated night clubs that I have been to in Dallas. This mulit-level bar is pretty uniquely decorated with its 3D butterfly enterence, lady faces wall covering, stripper poles at every bottle service table, and go go dancers on the bar. This is one of the two bars that have inspired me most to become a night club designer.  The other being Pure in Austin..

The pictures do not accurately describe the uniqueness of this bar. They use a lot of lighting effects with blue lights. They pretty much use white and blue as their colors and give a feel like everything is made of ice. On the third level everything is red

This is Ghost Bar at the top of the W hotel in Dallas. I have only attended one event here but it was amazing. The lighting and view from the balcony are amazing. This bar is more spacious than most of the bars in Dallas that I have went to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment